RV transport
Hotshot loads

Last edited by grundal on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

grundal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: yup its what i needed

Post  grundal on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Please wait while we find a Member Services Representative to assist you...
You have been connected to Joey Pettitt.
Joey Pettitt: Thank you for contacting Getloaded. My name is Joey . How may I help you?
John: well My son and I are looking in to getting a company started . we already have some infor on car hauling
John: I was wanting to get an idea on hot shot loads
John: availability of loads , pay that kind of thing
Joey Pettitt: Ok. We are a great load board for that type of work. We do require active authority if you are hauling anything over 10,000 lbs. If you haven't set that up yet, we do also have a resource called GL Authority who can help set that up. Their number is 1-866-265-3172 should you need that.
Joey Pettitt: Our load board really allows you to dig into the flatbed/hotshot work by allowing you to search by length and weight limit of your trailer to find partials/LTL and full loads.
John: my son has allready secured a company to help with that once we have the equipment and insuerance on file
Joey Pettitt: Wonderful. That is definitely a step in the right direction.
John: ok hehe hes been trying to get me to agree to a flat bed insted of car Haler and Im started to see other markets to tap that may make him right about that
Joey Pettitt: Flatbed allows you to have more variety. They also have the flatbeds with ramps so it can double as an auto hauler.
Joey Pettitt: Gives you more flexibility for sure.
John: so is there any kind of of information you could give me like number of loads say in Charlotte nc dont care where to but would like to have an idea of pay and what loads might be available at that loads destination ?
Joey Pettitt: I could do a general courtesy search. Would you like me to look at standard 53 ft flatbed?
John: basicly can you keep me loaded and keep me moving
John: up
Joey Pettitt: That is exactly why we do what we do! Smile
John: no we would be using a 3500 sieris truk with doulys to start i dont think that truck could handle a 53 footer
Joey Pettitt: So probably a 40 ft?
John: basicly trying to stay under 26000 CGVW to start
John: he has CDL but I dont
John: ya that sounds more like it
Joey Pettitt: I completed a search looking for Flatbed/Stepdeck with a length limit of 40ft with loads picking up within 0-150 miles of Charlotte.
Joey Pettitt: 1651 Loads just within that range.
John: ok
John: really
John: humm not bad
Joey Pettitt: Especially with the lower length and weight limit restrictions
John: do they have prices allready listed or is it a bid system ?
Joey Pettitt: If I take that off - 3411 loads.
Joey Pettitt: Some have prices, some don't - that is a preference of the broker, shipper, or manufacturer.
Joey Pettitt: Most prefer that you call to see what they are offering due to the competitive nature of the industry.
John: nice that even beats the loads available from central dispatch . com . their a car halling only broker
John: got ya
John: ok ill talk it over with my son and give him your site addy so he can contact you with any questions he may have
Joey Pettitt: There is a lot more variety with a flatbed or stepdeck so it can be a very smart move if you are just starting to invest in building your business.
Joey Pettitt: We're always happy to help if we can. Were there any additional questions that you had today?
John: sounds like it which is what he was thinking but we had knowlage of how to get those loads
John: not at the moment hehe just wish you could get a free day or two to look to make a business plan out to know for sure
Joey Pettitt: Due to industry standards, we require the active authority to get set up. It really is a nice protection for you because the regulations are in place for the brokers as well.
John: nothing against you but the scamers of the world make one question anything that looks good
John: I understand that
Joey Pettitt: I totally understand. If you ever have any questions and would like to chat with one of our Account Managers, our number here is 1-888-565-3921
John: wouldnt even want the abilty to have conact information just load availbilty
Joey Pettitt: We're happy to go over any questions or concerns you have as you get things started.
John: ok thank you very much
Joey Pettitt: You can get a general idea with our App for iPhone and Android.
Joey Pettitt: Just search for Getloaded in your App Store, it has a demo mode that you can do searches and get a volume idea.
Joey Pettitt: All the contact information is just replaced with our contact info.
John: ahh ok ill let him know . he has a smart phone I dont
Joey Pettitt: Anything that I can help with today?
John: no thats about it
Joey Pettitt: I hope you have a great rest of your day and don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any more questions.
John: will do thanks for your help
Joey Pettitt: You're welcome.

grundal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top